[rescue] My Sparcstation Voyager is disfunctional

Michael Welle ml01 at c0t0d0s0.de
Fri Apr 27 00:54:38 CDT 2018

Hello,

Patrick Giagnocavo <xemacs5 at gmail.com> writes:

> Can you shine a flashlight on the screen and make out any text? If so then
> the screen is working fine but the inverter or the DC stage is bad. This
> means that if you can fix or replace the simple electronics that power the
> back light everything will work.
that's what I hope for, well not, I mean it could be worse. I did not do
the  flashlight test yet, but I will try that the upcoming weekend. It
could be the caps in the SPSU or something like that, considering the
age.

One thing that I observed, with my Voyager as well as with the SS5 etc.
is that the plastic had become very brittle. In my SS5 the SCSI
backplane just crumbled away. Opening the lower part of the Voyager
killed some of the screw holes in the plastic.

Regards
hmw