[rescue] Sun2: Looking for the 1.X Boot PROMs

Steve Piette steve at simon.chi.il.us
Fri Apr 20 10:54:47 CDT 2018

> I have a number of Sun 2 boards... I'll have to check the PROMs.
> I'm pretty sure they're not all the same...  What images are on-line?
> (I also have to read my Sun 1 PROMs since I have the only original ones...
> so maybe
> test with the Sun 2 ones...)
>

> Earl

Right now I believe that only a copy of the Rev R PROMs is online. I
found it as part of the TME archives for emulating a Sun2. It's a
combined 16 bit image where the actual board uses even and odd PROMs
marked 0 and 8 (LSB of each PROM).

I have at least three different versions that I'll be putting up as soon
as I fix my EPROM programmer.
I also have some SCSI2SD bootable images I've built. Having something
you can boot from seems to be the biggest issue people face with these
old machines due to the problems with both distribution media and
working drives to read with.

Steve