[rescue] Sun2: Looking for the 1.X Boot PROMs

Steve Piette steve at simon.chi.il.us
Thu Apr 12 22:24:53 CDT 2018

*
> I think that mine have the R ROMs.
> I have seen Q ROMs, but nothing newer than R.
> --
> Michael Thompson
>
> Are you looking for the Sun 2/120 board PROMS? (wasn't sure which Sun 2 you
> were talking about)
>
> Earl
Yes,

I'm looking for the last version of the 2/1XX Multibus CPU boot PROMs.
The SunOS 4.0 documentation mentions distributing them and I've seen
references for a 1.1.2 version but don't know which CPU type they were
from or find a copy.

I seem to have two different versions of the Rev N PROMs and the Rev R
PROMs.

Sun Workstation, Model Sun-1/100U or Sun-1/150U, VT100 keyboard
ROM Rev N, 1MB memory installed

Sun Workstation, Model Sun-2/120 or Sun-2/170, Sun-2 keyboard
ROM Rev N, 1MB memory installed

Sun Workstation, Model Sun-2/120 or Sun-2/170, Sun-2 keyboard
ROM Rev R, 4MB memory installed

I've seen Rev Q but those only seem to be on VME Sun 2's like the 2/50.

I finally have a system up and running that I can clone but there have
been pops, bangs, and magic smoke released getting there.

Steve