[rescue] Sun V240

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 21:52:17 CDT 2017

The Oracle HCL says the V240 is good to  Solaris 10 1/13, and other info on
web tells me that it was dropped for Solaris 11.

That makes my OS decision easy... Solaris 10 baby!

Probably should do a fresh install... itbs s three year-old install.

Lionel

> On Oct 31, 2017, at 9:37 PM, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Well, I replaced the battery and reset the root and ALOM admin user
passwords, now I need to read up on ALOM and re-installing Solaris - I assume
Solaris 11 isnbt an option, but Ibll have to look into it...

> Lionel
>
>> On Oct 31, 2017, at 8:23 PM, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> After getting annoyed with my lack of progress on the T5220, my V240 from a
few years ago caught my eye.

>> It fired up great, has 8 Gigs Ram, 2x 72G, 2x 146G drives, and a
framebuffer!

>> Hooked it up in place of the T5220 on the workbench, after several tries I
remembered the root password, system is up and running. I have to replace the
clock battery, it seems trivial - is it a CR2032 like a PC?