[rescue] T5220 update

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 17:12:23 CDT 2017

OK, kinda stumped here.

Plug in two HDs, have burned DVD 2/3rds in drive (won't go in further)

power on server through iLOM (log in as default user "root" with
default password of "changeme")

then I try and start system, I get this:

<<< start output from iLOM >>>

-> start /SYS
Are you sure you want to start /SYS (y/n)? y
Starting /SYS
-> start /SP/console
Are you sure you want to start /SP/console (y/n)? y
Serial console started.  To stop, type #.
\

>>> end output from iLOM <<<

and the system powers down (no fan noise) and I have to enter #. to
get back to iLOM prompt.

the power light is blinking, holding in power buttion turns on server,
but it quickly shuts down.

it didn't do this before, might there be an 'intrusion switch" or
other that is having it shutdown.

The server on power-up has no bootable media, does it just give up
when it finds none?

Thoughts? System appears properly closed, I've got a network drop
plugged into NET MGMGT jack, serial cord plugged into SER MGMT.

Thanks,

Lionel