[rescue] Fwd: [chiclassiccomp] Some Older/Mostly Newer Sun Equipment

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 13:34:43 CDT 2017

No, like a few others I concluded that a T5220 from eBay was simpler all
around for me. I picked up an 8-core, 32 Gig T5220 w/o drive sleds (but with
2x dual 4 Gig FDDI interface cards) with free shipping for what I feel was a
great price.

Ibve ordered a couple $9.70 RJ-45 to USB cables as well, and crossing my
fingers a couple drive sleds appear for less than $12/ea - I can get
new-in-box sleds on eBay shipped for about $12/ea. My plan is to stuff it with
some bjunk boxb consumer SATA SSD and HDs and dink around with it.

I considered buying a second unit to give me spare PS, denser RAM, and maybe a
sled or two, but Ibm trying hard to fight that temptation. I literally have
a small stack of older, smaller sun boxes that need to leave my house soon
(U30, U60, U5 & U10, etc) - any interest in Dallas Metro Area? Ibll drive a
fair distance to shed these (the more you take, the further Ibll drive)... I
also have a very big Sun something or other I need to shed - itbs an
E450-sized machine I got from a list member back in PA several years ago, the
model escapes me, but it runs on 110V.

Lionel

> On Oct 12, 2017, at 1:20 PM, Jerry Kemp <sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us> wrote:
>
> Lionel, do your question indicate that you are going to end up with one of
the T5220's?