[rescue] SATA on SPARC systems ::WAS:::::Re: Saved this Ultra 10 from Central Mich U Surplus Sale

Jonathan Sturges jonathansturges at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 9 20:29:17 CDT 2017

Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2017 22:27:54 -0700
From: Kevin Bowling <kevin.bowling at kev009.com>
Subject: Re: [rescue] SATA on SPARC systems ::WAS:::::Re: Saved this
B B B  Ultra 10 from Central Mich U Surplus Sale

>Have you tried an SAS1068?B  You can upload fcode using lsiutil
>https://gist.github.com/gima/018f789d74a3c4754014

The SAS1064 & SAS1068 are supported.B  The driver man page says it doesn't
support port expanders, but I believe they work anyway.B  I found one of these
cards on eBay for cheap and have it in my V240:

ISILON Systems LSI Logic 12 Port SATA/SAS RAID Controller Card 405-0004-05

You can't create hardware RAID volumes with lsiutil, but it's great for ZFS
pools.
-Jonathan