[rescue] Looking for an LGA1366 motherboard

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Mar 21 16:08:57 CDT 2017

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 11:59:59AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Anyone have a 1 or 2-socket LGA1366 motherboard sitting around that they don't
> need anymore?  I have a couple of LGA1366 Xeons here and I'd love to build a
> VM-host box...
>
> Let me know what you've got and how much you want for it...
>
> (or even a full or partial system...)

HP Z400s use those in single processor configurations, and Z600 and
Z800 machines use them in dual proc configurations.

Recently they can be super cheap, like about $100-120 for minimal
configurations. I think the heatsinks are proprietary though, so it
can be better to order a machine with terrible CPUs than one without
heatsinks.

Currently, I don't see such great deals, so I don't know if they have
moved on of if this is just a bad week.

I really like my Z400 upgraded with W3670 CPU though (as well as maxed
RAM and a modern Geforce card).

Next I'd probably set my sights on a Z620 personally.