[rescue] ZFS puzzle migrating from Solaris 10 to 11

David Brownlee abs at absd.org
Sat Jul 29 02:34:46 CDT 2017

On 28 Jul 2017 8:58 p.m., "Phil Stracchino" <phils at caerllewys.net> wrote:

On 07/28/17 14:17, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> The Win10 box mounts rpool/home as an SMB share, and gets rpool/data via
> the symlink /home/$user/data.  This works on 10u9 but NOT on 11.3.  In
> both cases, Samba preferences for the HOMES share are set to follow
> symlinks.  I see no differences in the SMB settings.

...And I think I found the answer.  On Solaris 10, SMB sharing follows
symbolic links that cross filesystems.  On Solaris 11, it does not.

I'm going to have to do this a different way on 11.3

I think that's a samba configuration option - is it possible that 11.3 has
a different default (either in config or by running a different samba
version)