[rescue] micro Annex console servers & manuals, IP-KVM & misc stuff

Steve Rikli sr at genyosha.net
Tue Jul 18 20:53:54 CDT 2017

I have 2 Bay Networks "micro Annex" serial console servers, a manual
set for same, plus an IP-KVM unit, CD drive, and IDE flash, free to
good home.

The micro Annex are 2 similar models -- els and xl.  Both are 16-port
serial console/terminal servers, I've used them for console access to
Suns, SGIs, PCs, etc. over the network.

Both power up, front panel LEDs on, and I can get them to drop into
test/monitor mode for setup, but I haven't done anything beyond that.

If there's interest I might have another model xl available too.

The Bay Networks manual set has:

1. Annex Administrator's Guide for UNIX
2. Micro Annex Hardware Installation Guide (2 copies)
3. Annex User's Guide

I also have a little IP-KVM box from StarTech, model SV1110IPEXT.  I
haven't used it in a long time but it still powers up and seems to
work OK -- I can access the config menu and get it on the network,
anyway.  I found the datasheet & manual online and have PDFs if you
need them.

Some other odds & ends & extras:

2 slimline/laptop CDROM drives, working when I pulled them but untested.

And a little 4GB Apacer IDE flash drive, e.g.:
AP-FM4096G42C5G-LP IDE Flash Drive T9AJ01 4GB 44-pin 5V
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/apacer-ap-fm4096g42c5g-lp-ide-flash-1787031031

Again, working when I pulled it long ago but untested.

I'd prefer local pickup in the San Francisco bay area (I'm in 95050 south
bay), preferably for the whole lot; if you *really* need Annex stuff etc.
and will cover shipping, I'll box it up if there are no other takers.

Cheers,
sr.