[rescue] What version of Solaris for V120?

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Tue Jul 18 19:05:37 CDT 2017

> I'm (personally) only really aware of (2) ssh implementations
> applicable here, the original ssh software that ultimately evolved
> into the commercial offering from www.ssh.com , then the fork,
> originating from (I believe) 1.2.27, that is now OpenSSH generously
> provided by the kind OpenBSD group.

Well, ssh.com/OpenSSH ssh isn't _quite_ as simple as that, because of
the sshv1/sshv2 divide.

There are a bunch of other ssh(v2) implementations.  I'm fond of my own
(of course), but there are plenty of others, not all of which are
OpenSSH-derived.  (My own certainly isn't; indeed, not being derived
from any other implementation was one of my goals when writing it.)
There were even a few back when I started writing mine.

I don't know which, if any, of those are drop-in on Solaris.  Mine
(probably) isn't, which is one reason I didn't specifically mention it.
Another is that, while it wouldn't be quite fair to say it depends on
/dev/{u,}random, it also wouldn't be quite fair to say it doesn't; it
uses its own PRNG with its own state, but gradually mixes in entropy
from /dev/urandom as well.

If anyone wants to give it a try, I'll certainly be happy to help; I do
have some modicum of experience making my stuff run on other OSes.
While I don't run Solaris (nor any other closed-source OS) myself, I
have nothing against convincing my software to run on Solaris.  If the
changes involved aren't too intrusive or otherwise problematic, I'd
even be interested in taking them back up into the main tree.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org