[rescue] Solaris Studio

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Sat Jul 15 22:00:06 CDT 2017

On 07/15/17 00:44, Jerry Kemp wrote:
> Understood.
>
> I'm sure I don't completely grasp the OpenCSW direction, but, FWIW, all that
> stuff is directly available from Oracle, same place you downloaded the OS +
> repository, with or without a support contract in place.

Yeah, I'm running into a variety of issues with OpenCSW as well.  It's
better than some of the other things that have replaced Sunfreeware, but
it definitely has its own quirks, not least that I've yet to get its gcc
to compile *anything*.

> solaris11vm /root 51 # cat /etc/release
>                               Oracle Solaris 11.3 X86
>    Copyright (c) 1983, 2015, Oracle and/or its affiliates.  All rights reserved.
>                              Assembled 06 October 2015
>

> solaris11vm /root 52 # pkg search -r pkg:/developer/gcc-4/gcc-c-49

I have much to learn yet about the new features in Solaris 11.3.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  phils at caerllewys.net