[rescue] Want: Sun Blade 150

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Fri Feb 10 04:17:31 CST 2017

Please reference

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Blade_%28workstation%29>

shows that the SunBlade 150 OS support begins with Solaris 10 GA thru current.

I completely agree that a Sun Blade 2000 or 2500 or something similar would
provide a better user experience.

That said, should the OP find a Sun Blade 150 fall into his lap, said
workstation should have no problem running :

* up to and the latest Solaris 10u11,
* Solaris 11 Express (but NOT Solaris 11 GA) and also
* some of the OpenSolaris based distro that provide Sparc 4U support.

Finally, whatever is ultimately chosen, I would :

* max out the system memory
* If a GUI is required, explore some of the more lightweight X11 window managers
* explore and see if an SSD disk option is a possibility

Many years ago, I used an Ultra 10 as the workstation on my desk.  I
kid-you-not, it was a night and day speed difference after dumping all the IDE
stuff, then replacing it with a nice SCSI card + drive(s).

Good Luck,

Jerry