[rescue] Sources of IRIX?

Alex D azd30 at telus.net
Wed Feb 8 14:54:06 CST 2017

You need to google for mipsPro FlexLM license files... It's been a while since
I played around with them, but it's a pretty simple text file, that ties
products to a hostID and a license type / expiry timeframe. I can go back
through my notes if anyone cares... Just edit with vi, and restart the license
manager...

For installation you need to start off with the base CD's for a release and
then apply the updates. IIRC SGI called them foundations and overlays? Package
dependencies are very important in IRIX and the install/upgrade tool strictly
enforces this.

Again it's been a while since I played with this so my info might not be 100%
accurate.

Now if anyone has a personal iris 4d series that they want rid of let me know.
Even better would be a 3100 series (68k).

Cheers
Alex

Sent from my iPad