[rescue] [SunHELP] Sorry abou that outage

Josh Snyder josh at imagestream.com
Wed Aug 30 18:13:20 CDT 2017

On 8/30/2017 2:55 PM, Doug McIntyre wrote:
> I don't have experience with FTTH GPON gear, if it has any equipment
> that gets installed out in the field, or if everything is powered off
> of CO power. I'd expect some sort of feeder gear out in the field that
> will drop too when utility power goes out.

A FTTH GPON deployment is fully passive once you are outside of the OLT.
It's just fiber and optical splitters all the way to the home. It is
possible to have the OLT in a shelter away from the CO but given that
you can push the signal out ~15-20 miles of fiber I have never seen it
done. All of the FTTH deployments I have touched have been fully passive.

			Josh