[rescue] (no subject)

Romain Dolbeau romain at dolbeau.org
Sun Apr 2 10:07:58 CDT 2017

> It won't?

Not with any degree of usefulness, you need almost 2 MiB just to store
the pixel values for 1920x1080 ...

> I know at least one framebuffer I played with was willing to
> do 1920x1080 with only 1M, but it did so by repeating the pixels: after
> 1048576 pixels into the display, it started over.

... so 1 MiB just won't be enough :-)

So, yes,  it's possible the regular TGX could be convinced to output
1920x1080 same as a TGX+, but then the framebuffer memory will come
from god-knows-where, possibly repeating the first MiB as you observed
if you're lucky (rather than reading some random bits elsewhere in
sbus memory space)... so I stand by my statement that you need a TGX+
for 1920x1080 :-) (or even for 1280x1024 on a 17" LCD, unfortunately,
since that require 1 1/4 MiB of framebuffer memory).

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau