[rescue] SPARCstation 5: framebuffer resolution wont change

matthewf at manx.net matthewf at manx.net
Sat Apr 1 03:40:44 CDT 2017

TurboGX would be the card and I have tried the following methods to change it:

>From PROM prompt:
ok setenv output-device screen:r1024x768x60
ok reset

And the nvedit steps under the header "Setting up a Single Monitor Using the PROM Method" listed on this page: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19957-01/802-3755-10/ch-turbogx.html

Resolution still stays the same however when set to various resolutions but at the ideal resolution for my set up 1024x768x60 I do get no picture at all on multiple displays. The "best" display I have gives me a border of no visibility around the screen of about an inch when set at 1152x900x66.

I have also tried 2 different NVRAM chips in the system as well, and also a second TurboGX card.

At this point my only other course of action that I can see to take is buying another monitor to try..