[rescue] customizing OBP/text colors

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed May 11 14:08:10 CDT 2016

" From: Mouse <mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG>
"
" >>> When using a monochrome (green) CRT black on green just doesn't
" >>> look as good as green on black.
" >> If just getting it out of reverse video is enough for you, you can
" >> use ESC [ p and ESC [ q [...]
" > Used the emit and it certainly made it look better in monochrome
" > mode.
"
" Good!
"
" > Where do you get this information, just lots of experience?
"
" That, plus a mind that is fairly good at picking up stray nuggets of
" information and filing them away for later use.  I think the ESC [ p
" and ESC [ q sequences were documented somewhere for SunOS; I forget
" whether I found something that said they worked in OBP or whether I
" just tried it and discovered they worked.

i think they're from cmdtool/shelltool, and i have also seen something
explicitly stating that those escapes also worked in the console.
makes sense that the tools would be little windowed consoles in code
terms.