[rescue] Tektronix 4051 software?

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 10:51:01 CDT 2016

On 7/14/16 11:55 PM, Meelis Roos wrote:
> A friend has Tektronix 4051 that has tape reading problems. Does anybody
> hav any pointers about where we might get 4051 tape images?

To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any.  Additionally, the only
machine that could read/write 4051 tapes is another machine in the 405x
series, the format is completely incompatible with anything else.  This
is made even more complicated given that unless you're lucky and have
the RS232 comm pack on your Tek, the only way to communicate with the
outside world from a 4051 is through the GPIB port -- so getting tape
images *to* a 4051 to write it to tape is tricky as well...

- Josh