[rescue] VAX 11/750s - Re: Linux wet paint, was Re: Spark10 CPU question (must fix - SPARC damnit :-) )

J dbster at comcast.net
Tue Dec 20 07:29:24 CST 2016

Well, my VAX Station 4000/60 with 72 Mb and 400+Mb disk running VMS 7.0 uses a low end HP Stream to run Secure CRT for its VT-100 OPA0: console. Of course it is through a USB to serial converter, then through a 15 pin RS232 to MMJ cable. It's an easy way to load those PAKs from the HP Hobbyist Program too. Plus copy and paste printing through network printer.

As long as I'm writing this, HP should be commended again for having the formal hobbyist program. I was active in a DECUS LUG in the 1980s and like being able to use Putty to get to VMS whenever I feel like it, or Telnet Lite through iPhone 7 !