[rescue] OpenIndiana - WAS:::::::::::::::::Re: Spark10 CPU question

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Dec 18 00:03:21 CST 2016

On 12/15/2016 08:58 PM, Jerry Kemp wrote:
> Probably the only negative thing I would state from OpenIndiana's
> perspective is that for the most part, many in the community appear to
> be very anti-SPARC.

  Sigh.  I hate PC fanboys.

> If you are interested in an Illumos distro on SPARC hardware, I might
> suggest that you take a look at Martin Bochnig's distro, which he calls
> OpenSXCE.
>
> <http://opensxce.org/>

  I'm not certain, but it looks as if he might have abandoned that
effort.  I was helping him out with some random logistics stuff a couple
of years ago.  He is extraordinarily competent but might be just a bit
off his rocker.

  It appears that Tribblix is the continuation of that work.  I've
pulled it down, and I have a few spare T2000s and T5120s here that I may
try it out on.

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ