[rescue] IBM PC RT

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Aug 20 17:59:03 CDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 05:34:07PM -0400, John Hudak wrote:
>For free?  <wild thrashing and banging of head>

I gave them away to fellow nerds.  Along with a pretty loaded Sun 386i.
And a ton of HP/Apollo stuff (complete with docs and OS tapes and everything)
that Doug McLaren and I rescued from his former employer at one point when
they moved (that I ended up working for a few years later...)...
It was all "I'm moving into a better apartment, with a girlfriend, and don't
have room or time for this..."

If I'd only known...  Oh yeah, and then there was the Apple Lisa with ProFile
hard drive (worked but didn't have a bootable OS on it) that I bought from a
PC salvage place in Oklahoma City because they didn't know what it was or what
to do with it.. I think I spent less than $100... then stupidly gave that to
an Apple nerd when I had to move to Austin in '96...

At least I can look back and go "hey, I *gave* all the stuff to other people
that hopefully had fun with it, instead of trying to sell it for obscene
prices and ripping someone off."

Bill

--
Bill Bradford