[rescue] Cable testers

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Thu Apr 21 07:21:20 CDT 2016

On 04/20/16 23:36, Bob Darlington wrote:
> Bottom of the barrel 10/100 certifiers are about $1500.  My fluke was over
> 10x that much.  The cable continuity tester is about the best you can do
> for sub $500 and they really are great for continuity and pin mapping but
> tell you nothing about crosstalk, impedance, minimum speed, etc.

Yeah, I'm not looking for certification, I just want to be able to test
that the cable's wired correctly with no short, opens, or split pairs.

I'm 99% certain the Klein will be all I need, but just want to make sure
there isn't something the $105 Fluke does that the $45 Klein doesn't
that I don't know I need.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications