[rescue] Seeking advice on a vendor

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Thu Apr 7 20:52:40 CDT 2016

>> I've got a Netra AC 200 that I need to max out the memory on [...]
> I'll chime in with the others who have mentioned MemoryX.  I've
> purchased from them sporadically over many years, and never had a bad
> experience.  YMMV, of course.

I agree.  I have bought from them only very occasionally...but there
was a machine I got second- (or third- or fourth-) hand which has a
MemoryX stick of RAM in it.  This failed and I contacted them.  They
gave me an RMA number, I sent it in, and something like two weeks later
got it back saying they couldn't find a replacement.  All the shipping
was on their dime.

Disappointing?  Yes, somewhat, but this was actually substantially
better than I expected.  Until and unless I start seeing credible
reports that they've gone significantly downhill, I will consider them
one of the few Good Vendors.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org