[rescue] What is this traffic?

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Thu Oct 29 09:27:34 CDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 02:19:19PM +0000, microcode at zoho.com wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 01:25:54PM +0100, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 1:24 PM,  <microcode at zoho.com> wrote:
> > > The light goes crazy whenever the switch is connected to the router. I have
> > > not seen anything that gives me any clues apart from that. The light is
> > > flashing at a high rate all the time, regardless of traffic from any of the
> > > boxes on my network.
> >
> > What happens when you plug a system directly into the ADSL router?
>
> It's been a while since I did that. I could do that but I am not sure what
> we would learn from it since the router is not showing any unusual
> traffic. Only the light on the switch port from the router is going
> wild.

To be (hopefully) a little clearer: only the light on the switch, for the
port where the router is plugged into the switch, is flashing at a high
rate. The router WAN/LAN port lights behave normally based on idle, usage,
etc. There is no indication of high activity on the router itself, nor on
boxes connected to the switch.

I think I said this earlier but wanted to state it more clearly again now
since my last statement could be misunderstood.

Thank you.