[rescue] What is this traffic?

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Thu Oct 29 07:31:42 CDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 12:27:40PM +0000, Yvan Janssens wrote:
> Do you have any form of IPTV from your DSL provider?

I don't know... what is that?

> I have seen this type of behaviour on locations where the DSL provider also
> provided IPTV over UDP multicasts, combined with cheaper switches which
> don't properly filter out the streams a machine didn't subscribe to.

I believe, but I am not sure, that people who want TV have to go with one of
the cable providers. But they may be provisioning other services I am not
aware of.

At first I thought it was a router hack or a break in. But since the LAN/WAN
lights show no exceptional/unexpected activity and I can't monitor the
switch, I can't understand this at all.

Thank you.