[rescue] LCD for HD resolution w/ FFB (Creator) ?

Romain Dolbeau romain at dolbeau.org
Wed Oct 28 09:55:54 CDT 2015

> from my research a while ago, the NEC multisync models should work.  The
> E243WMi is 24" 1920x1080 IPS.  However I never got around to actually
> trying this, but maybe someone else can confirm.

This particular model is given for only 81.1 KHz unfortunately, so it will
probably fail at syncing :-(

It does claim support for composite sync. This might be less critical
than I once thought, because I have models claiming support for
separate sync and nothing else that actually work fine, even with an
IPC on-board GX. Some manufacturers don't bother documenting this
anymore anyway...

I looked up other models on the NEC website and I find those:
* the E231W claims 83 Khz for 1920x1080 and also composite (23")
* ditto the EA273WM (27 ")
* and a few others at 83 KHz
But nothing with a higher bandwidth :-(

Thanks & cordially,

Romain Dolbeau

P.S. Those works fine in at least 1152x900x66:
Iiyama ProLite E2407HDS-B1
LG FlatTron M2794D
Iiyama ProLite E2473HS
Philips 170C
Samsung SyncMaster 713DM
Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 410 (CRT, w/ BNC inputs)

--
Romain Dolbeau