[rescue] LCD for HD resolution w/ FFB (Creator) ?

Romain Dolbeau romain at dolbeau.org
Wed Oct 28 10:11:56 CDT 2015

> Not specifically an FFB, but I've had some trouble getting flatscreens
> to display 1920x1080 from my cg14s.  The one I know works (indeed, I'm
> using one to type this email) is an Asus VH236H.

I wish I had an 8MB VSIMM to at least try this. Unfortunately I've yet to
salvage one (or in fact even a 4 MB). Lucky you :-)

> I don't know how similar the signal from the kludged-together
> configuration I'm using on my cg14s is to what the FFB produces, but it
> might be worth looking into.
> In case it matters, the cg14 configuration I'm using is
> : r1920x1080x60 780 438 3c 8d9ee20 5e 0f 5e 0f 5e 0f ;
> and the monitor is calling it 61KHz horizontal and 55Hz vertical.

So probably very different then, if it's only 61 KHz. In fact it's probably
a bit low for LCDs (they expect the standard one @ 67.1 KHz IIRC).

How do you set all those parameters? Is it in the PROM? (the Framebuffer
FAQ only explains this for the TGX). I don't see how to set up all those
parameters with Sol7 sg14config. If it were possible on the FFB as well it
could solve my problem :-)

Thanks & cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau