[rescue] Vector Plotters

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Tue Oct 6 09:48:21 CDT 2015

On 10/05/15 18:17, Jim Hickstein wrote:
> On 2015/10/05 14:07, Romain Dolbeau wrote:
>> Computer-wise, the Tektronix 4010 & 4050 families were indeed storage
>> tube. How many people remember xterm includes 4014 emulation?
>> How many people still use xterm rather than an alternative, for that
>> matter :-)
>
> I do.  On a Mac.  Often 9 or 16 at a time.

I do.  I do not *like* the various Gnome etc. "improved" terminal
emulators.  They are NOT improved xterms.  They are *bloated* xterms
that do things I don't want or need done.

On a related subject, I'm just going to observe for the sake of those
who occasionally need to work from Windows that the BitVise SSH client
for Windows is much more up-to-date than PuTTY or KiTTY, supports ECDSA
keys, is free for personal use, and has full Xterm emulation.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  phils at caerllewys.net