[rescue] Replacement NVRAM/clock for Ultra 1E, success

Romain Dolbeau romain at dolbeau.org
Sun Oct 4 02:14:11 CDT 2015

> Why not just buy the MT48T59Y chips which are easily available?

Mouser list all variants are obsolete, no stock for the DIPs. Farnell (FR)
redirects me to the 58 when I look for the 59.

It didn't seem easily available to me, and I figured: if they are obsoleted
by the manufacturer, I'll find them NOS so doubtful batteries (as others
have mentioned).

I don't buy that many chips so it was easier to get all of them in one go
from Mouser.

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau