[rescue] The old and the new

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 14:18:52 CST 2015

We've sent 7 Raspberry Pi model A+ into near space:
http://www.pyptug.org/2015/04/pyptug-monthly-meeting-team-near-space.html

Sure, no ethernet, but we used the serial in a token ring like manner (send
to receive):
http://raspberry-python.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-computer-network-in-space-part-1.html
http://raspberry-python.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-computer-network-in-space-part-2.html

I've powered the original Pi using a USB battery like you describe and that
pulled a lot more than the A+. Looks like the PiZero pulls about the same
as the A+.

Either way, I'm hoping to buy a large quantity to give to students who
participate in project nights... Currently it's a quadcopter UAV project.

http://raspberry-python.blogspot.com/2015/11/bridging-digital-divide-5-at-time.html

Francois