[rescue] IBM System/32 at a Scrapper Near Los Angeles

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Nov 10 23:02:59 CST 2015

On 11/10/2015 09:45 PM, Jonathan Patschke wrote:
> I ran across this post today while waiting for GCC to build:
>

> http://www.nf6x.net/2015/11/ibm-system32-at-the-local-electronics-recycler/
>
> Dave's been hacking on IBM boxes from this vintage; maybe he can speak to
> how complete the photos make the system look.

  It looks to be complete, and in pretty good shape for its age.

  I have one of these machines here.  I picked it up in the middle of
Kentucky just a few months ago.  It's in bad shape, with fairly nasty
rodent damage, but I have documentation, OS reload disks, etc...I'm
hoping to get ahold of this one to use as a better starting point to get
to a functional machine.

               -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ