[rescue] Good SOHO router for ASDL? (was: what is this traffic?)

Mark Brown sunrescue1 at marknmel.com
Wed Nov 4 12:30:17 CST 2015

Maybe I'm naive,  but I would figure that someone would need a socket
open to the device (on the internet side) in order to attempt an exploit.

That's not really the case with anything I have.  If somebody was to
compromise the firewall, they would need to attack it via the inside by
first compromising something like the webserver and backtracking to the
firewall.  That sounds like a lot of effort for not much gain on my
network...

Consumer grade equipment is notorious for "backdoors" being left in
release code/product for whatever purpose - upgrades, service,sloppy
manufacturing, sloppy OEMs, foreign state interest....whatever!

I'm not saying I don't care about security - I just try to be smarter
than the casual hacker I guess...

/M

I think what freaks me out more is those I give permission to be on my
network (ie