[rescue] Best wishes to all Texans

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu May 28 08:17:56 CDT 2015

Thank you.

We are outside Dallas, in a town called Irving where small earthquakes have
become the norm it seems - nothing too significant yet, but we occasionally
have an earthquake just above a 3.0 on the Richter scale, big enough to really
get your attention, but not enough to knock over pictures.

We've had some tiny tornadoes recently also, again, nothing too major where I
live, though a friend that lives about 30 miles away suffered a direct hit on
her house. She is doing as well as can be expected.

Finally, rain. We've recently started having significant rainfall, but you
know how people like to talk about 100 year floods, as in they occur about
once every hundred years? We are having what I would call 10 year rain storms.
The Texas/Dallas area experiences this level of rainfall about every 10-12
years as I understand it. It isn't common, but it isn't unprecedented.

We have had some amazing lightning storms recently.

We are fine (for the most part) here in the Dallas Metroplex area, the South
Texas/Houston area has been much harder hit and could use some help.

Thanks again,

Lionel