[rescue] SunPCi software WAS::::Re: More basement cleaning

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Wed May 27 22:45:45 CDT 2015

On 05/27/15 07:54 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
> On Wed, 27 May 2015, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>

>> Agreed, but if you want to run wit IDE drives, the Ultra 5/10 is a decent way
>> to go... ;^) But, having said that, I wouldn't part with actual folding money
>> for either these days.
>>

> Do they have onboard SCSI as well?
>
> I'd confirm but as I said...I don't remember where I PUT the Ultra 5 I think it
> was, actually.
>
>> The ultra 30/60 are much, much better machines in every way imaginable (except
>> weight).

Ultra 5 & 10 boxes do not have onboard SCSI.  I still have my Ultra 10, from
back in the day.  Two SCSI controllers added, one for each drive.  It made a
SIGNIFICANT speed increase.

Also, from the same time period, I have a system built by a company called NIS
that shipped with a Sun AXI board.  Same CPU as the Ultra 5 & 10 boxes, with
SCSI on the system board.  Much nicer.

And if one finds its way to you, the Ultra 30/60's are nice boxes.

Jerry