[rescue] Memory upgrade in Dell PowerEdge 2560

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sun May 24 19:04:06 CDT 2015

Are you certain you have the second rev of the MB? That it runs with PC2100
ram may not be 'proof' that the board is 2nd rev and can support 2 gig RAM.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/servers/f/956/t/19505529

I'd put in the original PC2100 memory and see what the system BIOS reports as
the speed of the memory. If it reports 266 MHz you may have the later rev
board, if it reports something slower (200 MHz?) you may have a first rev MB.