[rescue] Wanted: Sun 3D graphics accelerators

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Tue May 19 04:10:01 CDT 2015

Hi Richard

I know I have some of the Creator 3D/Elite 3D M3 and M6/Expert 3D cards. All
of these are UPA so are used in Blade 1000/2000 Ultra 30/60/80. I also may
have the odd Creator 3D for the Ultra 1/2. I do not think I have any of the
early ones for the SS20 etc as they tend to be rare and probably expensive
unless you happen across one. I know the last GS (for the SS2?) cost me #400
and that was many years ago.

I believe that I have some software to use with them, would have to check.

Peter
---------------------------
Peter Stokes
Ashlyn Computer Services
Tel: 01636 627990
Mbl: 07977 532320
---------------------------

On 18 May 2015, at 22:05, Richard <legalize at xmission.com> wrote:

> In article <D3B2F466-5CF0-438C-9ED3-A324DF44AD14 at ashlyn.co.uk>,
>    Peter Stokes <peter at ashlyn.co.uk> writes:
>
>> Any examples, I have various systems here and cards and various software,
let
>> me know what sort of thing you are after?
>
> Umm... everything? LOL
>
> Well, I have a GT, but everyone pretty much agrees that it's crap :-).
>
> Searching computerworld/infoworld issues on google books turns up a
> bunch of hits.

<https://www.google.com/search?q=sun+workstation+graphics+accelerator&num=100
&hl=en&biw=1920&bih=1115&tbs=bkt:m,sbd:1&tbm=bks&ei=Mk5aVb6POITxoAS3p4HoDQ&st
art=100&sa=N&dpr=1>

<http://tinyurl.com/d3d-pipeline>