[rescue] UUCP network

Andrew M Hoerter amh at pobox.com
Mon May 18 07:58:47 CDT 2015

On 5/17/15 21:54, Steven M Jones wrote:

> Well on the hobbyist side, everybody's aware of UUHECNET?
> (http://www.uuhec.net/about/)  Because I wasn't, but that's the only
> thing my Google-fu could turn up. Confirmed it's still toddling along
> with one of the inmates-- er, participants. ;^)

I had come across it, although I got the impression it was (mostly?)
UUCP over IP rather than dialup.  A lot better than nothing though.

Relatedly, I got a kick out of their Python Waffle clone.  I was a
regular user on a Unix-based Waffle system and ran the DOS version as
one incarnation of my UUCP system.  Maybe I can find the Unix version
source one of these days.

> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-barber-uucp-project-conclusion-05

I recognized one of the names at the end as someone whose node I used to
peer with.  Small world indeed...