[rescue] [@Nemo] ultra 1 power supply question

George Wyche g at cjwyche.org
Sun May 17 21:26:50 CDT 2015

Thanks for thinking about this.

I have been down those roads. So far about 1/3 of the code will compile
and operate as it has historically (but only after making
more-than-a-couple mechanical changes to each file).

This marriedness I mentioned was pretty deep. I don't care to go on a
rant. I am seriously thinking of declaring the Solaris version
dead-dead-dead and press on with the debian GNU version. My pride is
wrapped up in still being able to compile the old code for minor changes.
$ are not involved (anymore).

George

> On 17 May 2015 at 16:12, George Wyche <g at cjwyche.org> wrote (in part):
>> Those 3 programs are *SO* married to the unix + Solaris f77 +
>> extensions. I had no appreciation of just how married until I undertook
the conversion to modern fortran.
> Solaris 10 has /bin/f77 with the following extract from its man page:
>      Sun[tm] Studio software no longer includes a separate FOR-
>      TRAN 77 compiler, f77. Recent releases migrated many FORTRAN 77
features into the Fortran 95 compiler, f95. Much of the