[rescue] looking for IBM System/36 software

Stefan Skoglund stefan.skoglund at agj.net
Mon Mar 30 12:25:13 CDT 2015

sC6n 2015-03-29 klockan 23:02 -0400 skrev Mouse:
> > VMs I use for email always end up with clock desync of exactly
> > 14400sec and I have no clue way.
>
> Perhaps the VM system in use presents (emulated) clock hardware that
> expects the guest OS to keep the hardware clock on local time rather
> than UTC, but the guest OS you run expects to keep the hardware on UTC?
> Or perhaps vice versa?

If possible, tell the supervisor to present time as UTC (if the client
can take that.) RUN ntpd on the client, don't expect things to work well
if only the hw is synchronized with ntp.

The host system can be ntp-server for the clients.

The granularity and realtime properties for the combination host
system-client system is to uneven to keep time properly.