[rescue] looking for IBM System/36 software

JP Hindin jplist2008 at kiwigeek.com
Mon Mar 30 08:17:36 CDT 2015

On Fri, 27 Mar 2015, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   I'm looking for software on 8" floppies for the IBM System/36.
> Specifically, I'd like to find a copy of the BASIC compiler, and if
> possible, FORTRAN.
>
>   I realize some people may be nervous about sharing that sort of thing,
> due to the kind of company IBM is.  This is for my personal use, on my
> personally-owned System/36, for education and preservation purposes.  It
> will not be shared or duplicated without explicit permission.  Contact
> me privately or anonymously if desired.
>
>   This stuff is proving very difficult to find...please, if anyone here
> knows where I might locate this stuff, do let me know.

I'm late to the party (go on weekend and everyone comes out of the
woodwork, who knew?) but I have what may be a silly question - does the
S/34 software run on the S/36? I imagine not, but I have a pretty complete
set of software for the /34 so I thought I'd ask.

I also have a 5360, with monitor/keyboard but zero software. At least, I
think I haven't gotten rid of it already.

As with the SGI Onyx2s, if anyone wants a 5360 or a slightly mouse-eaten
but complete S/34 (minus terminals) that comes with a massive library of
~1500 8" disks, four internal disks (62PC), all of the documentation and
internal netlists/diagrammes, etc... I'm an eMail away.

 - JP