[rescue] looking for IBM System/36 software

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Mar 28 18:12:20 CDT 2015

On 03/28/2015 12:55 AM, Jerry Kemp wrote:
> You don't need to convince me.  I am very envious.

  Are you anywhere near western PA?  You're more than welcome to come
by.  The machine (and many, many others) are in a position to be powered
up and run at any time.  Come by and spend a day hacking on stuff.  Good
for the soul.

> I have sworn to my self that I am going to slow down on the accumulation
> of old computers, at least without selling off or gifting some existing
> stuff.

  Heh.  I gave up on that and got a real building. =)

> I really wish that there was a S/36 SSP emulator that I could run,
> either on top of Solaris x86 or Mac OS X.  I would really like to relive
> my early computer days, just not sure that there is an easy way to go
> about it.

  Eh, emulators.  Just get some iron.

> I have always wondered about the Baby S/36's.  Never saw one back in the
> day, and have only read about them on the Internet in recent times.

  I know very little about them.  They do pop up from time to time; one
sold on eBay a month or two ago.  I chased it, but was unable to score it.

               -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ/3
New Kensington, PA