[rescue] SparcStorage Array

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Sat Mar 14 05:21:59 CDT 2015

" From: Walter Belgers <walter+rescue at belgers.com>
"
" Hi all,
"
" I rescues a SparcStorage Array 100 with a couple of disks, which fits nicely
" with the sparcserver 1000 I have. (I have plenty of old disks lying around to
" fill it up.) Does anybody have a manual for it? I can't find it online.
"
" I have a Sun with a 501 3475 FC sbus card. What I'm missing is a FC cable. But
" before spending money on that:
" - do I need special software for the sbus FC card?
" - do I need special software for the SSA?

the proper fc is an oddball that only works with the ssa 100/200, 25
MB/s iirc.  ordinary gbics though.  iirc it does take a special driver;
if the ssa needs anything, it's included.  it was only cert with 2g,
4g, and 9g disks but larger sca work fine.  stuffed with 300s...

iirc also that a vxfs license was included with the driver.