[rescue] Austin Goodwill Computer museum to shut down?

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Mar 11 13:38:12 CDT 2015

On Wed, 11 Mar 2015, Steve Hatle wrote:

> Just saw a posting on nekochan this morning that the Goodwill Computer
> Museum in Austin is going to shut down.
> Anyone have more info? I don't see anything on their website other than
> "the museum is closed".
> You can get a free SGI Onyx RE2:
> http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16729439&sid=1d02ee6d196fd6af62f08dbb5877d07d

That's my old machine!  I donated it back in 2004, I think.

Unless they've replaced the midplane, it is not in running condition.  I
bought it from a university in Oklahoma, and they didn't reinstall the
locking bar on the rear card cage, and they shipped it on its back, so
heavy 4xR10k CPU boards hopped up and down in their slots all the way down
I-35. :(

--
Jonathan Patschke | "Right now, computers, which are supposed to be our
Elgin, TX         |  servant, are oppressing us."