[rescue] Solaris vs sparclinux

Patrick Giagnocavo xemacs5 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 00:47:56 CDT 2015

The best performance I found for Solaris, was lots of memory being used for
processes, some disk access and some swapping going on.  Linux would
basically grind to a halt on the same hardware, Solaris would not, even on
a dual 300Mhz or 400Mhz E250.  And that was a real-world example of stuff
going on.  Nowadays with RAM being so cheap, it is less of a use-case than
before.