[rescue] COCO2 question and looking for a few chips

Jim Carpenter jim at deitygraveyard.com
Thu Jul 9 00:14:43 CDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 11:22 PM, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
> On 07/08/2015 11:20 PM, Jim Carpenter wrote:
>> It's very active.
>
>   Oooh, I might have to join that as well!

They bicker a bit sometimes but it's still worth it. Some of the
hardware and software projects they create are *amazing*. For example,
we have one guy who used a FPGA to convert the RGB output on a CoCo 3
so it would work crystal clear with a VGA monitor _and reproduce
artifacting_ which is normally only available on the composite/RF
output. He also created a Z-80 CP/M emulator that runs under
(Nitro)OS-9. (For a demo showing WordStar and Turbo Pascal and others
running all at the same time on a CoCo 3 see
https://youtu.be/Ysn7Na60ZGA .)

FYI, there are also archives available at the link I posted above.

>   Are you the Jim Carpenter whom I met at VCF-E, chatting about IBM
> mainframes?

Different guy. I chat about IBM mainframes and DEC minis and TRS-80
micros but I've never been to a VCF.

Jim