[rescue] epson equity II

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Thu Jul 9 16:41:52 CDT 2015

On 2015-07-07 15:05, Francois Dion wrote:
> Alright, so this system I'm looking for is not exactly the most
> collectible, so they are probably all gone by now, but I'm looking for
> an
> Epson Equity II, the 8MHz model which ran a Nec v20 or v30. Found some
> disks with software I had written on those (in assembler) when in
> school,
> and it would be very cool to get one. Original Epson keyboard and CGA
> color
> monitor even better, but frankly at this point, I'd be happy with the
> base
> unit. I do have a proper Epson floppy drive, so as long as the mobo is
> there...

I have, in storage, an Epson Equity II.

I thought it was an XT clone with a 'real' Intel 8088, but I'm not 100%
sure on that.  Over the years it ran MS DOS 2.1->5.0, which is where I
think I left it.  Hasn't been powered on in over 20 years.  I think I
still have the original keyboard and green monochrome display.

Rest of the specs:

640 K RAM
Hercules-compat graphics
DSDD 5.25" flopppy