[rescue] hello again, and hardware available

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Thu Jan 15 19:01:51 CST 2015

> Hey folks, long time no see.  [...]

Welcome back!

> So, I have a problem.  I have two Sun Fire 6800 systems [...]

I just did a little digging for specs.  Sounds like a sweet system, but
one I no way in hell have the resources to house, either at present or
in the foreseeable future.  Which is a pity, because it really does
sound attractive; I've been happy with the SunFires I have (a V20z and
an X4100) - or at least as happy as I can expect for x86-based
machines.  But a half-ton of rack that eats some six KVA is well beyond
both what I can handle now and what I expect to be able to handle
anytime soon.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org