[rescue] Wanted: 8-bit ISA CGA or EGA card

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Sun Jan 4 21:20:06 CST 2015

Paxton,
The monitor I am using is a Zenith monitor that is supposed to be CGA/EGA
compatible. It was the monitor that was used with the machine in the
past.
The card also has a composite connector. When I use that and connect it
to the composite input on my Dell flat panel, I get the exact same
display issues as when coming out the 9 pin monitor connector to the
Zenith - just fuzzier :-)

The machine also seems to be having floppy trouble (and no HD), otherwise
I'd fiddle with the DOS 'mode' command and see if 40/80 column or
black/white or mono mode settings make a difference.
Steve