[rescue] Wanted: 8-bit ISA CGA or EGA card

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Fri Jan 2 10:31:54 CST 2015

Just a follow-up on this. I sourced a known good (and identical) CGA
card, and
the machine behaves exactly the same way, even with all other
cards out of the
system.

Time, I guess, to start swapping around rows of RAM on the
motherboard
and see if I can isolate a fault there, but the machine does pass
the
RAM countup, and the jailbar/checkerboard display appears before that
happens.

I guess if they always worked, it wouldn't be as much fun :-)
Happy New Year all,

Steve